- Improved Proxy Mode support
Posts Categorized: WMR/RMR
- Can now adjust the Connection Speed to accommodate slower connections.
- New Turbo Mode- Turbo Mode allows recording at the highest
bandwidth that your Internet connection can provide. How high
the recording speed will go depends on the remote server available
bandwidth. In most cases 3 to 5 Mbps can be achieved on cable
connections. Turbo Mode works for On Demand (pre-recorded) streams
and should only be utilized with cable connections or DSL connections
higher than 256 Kbps.
- New Mirror Recording Mode – This mode allows recording while
mirroring the Real Player play. In this mode the Real Player
needs to be active for the entire duration of recording. The
Mirror mode should be used for overloaded web sites with reduced
bandwidth capability, like Live broadcasts.
- New Stream Info – This function allows you to get stream information
from a recording in progress. In particular the number of lost
packets and the current bandwidth show the integrity of the final
recording. To access this option right click the file name in
the Recording window.
- New Reprocess File function – To fix recording errors use
the Reprocess File option. File errors that can be fixed are
offset, timing, codecs and indexing errors. This option should
be used if the Real Player playback shows a continuous "Loading…" ,
when sound is missing or when it takes a long time to seek through
a long file. To access this function right click the file name
in the PLAY window.
- Update RP Settings – This option should be used if you changed
the Real Player settings after RM Recorder was installed. In
particular the settings of interest are Connection Speed, Proxy
and Network Transports found in Real Player / Tools / Preferences.
- New Split function – To split one section of a file you select
the start and the end times of the split. When splitting timed
recorded files (files with a start time different than zero)
you need to specify split times greater than the start time.
- New Merge function – Two files can be merged at the time.
When merging files, the first file is always the first highlighted
file name in the PLAY list.
- Audio Extraction – The audio track of a video file can be extracted
in Real Player format. The extracted files can be split and merged.
- Compatibility with RealMedia Producer and RealMedia Editor
– The recorded files are compatible with RealMedia Producer and
RealMedia Editor for On Demand (pre-recorded) broadcasts . For
Live or timed recordings use the RM Recorder editing functions.
- Now has an Always on Top option.
- Now has resizable URLs and PLAY windows.
- No longer gives false warning messages when opening up the
list of saved files to play.
- Multiple users on the same PC can use the same installed version.
- RM Recorder now supports timed recording.
- RM Recorder can now record slide shows.
- Supports Authentication proxies.
- The Real Player window now closes when recording with WM VCR.
- WM Recorder can now record from more sources, including MSN
Video and JumpTV.
- RM Recorder now has Proxy Mode – some PCs with only dial-up
or wireless connections can now record Real streams.
- WM VCR now looks at RM Recorder’s Recordings folder for listing
videos to View.
- WM Recorder and RM Recorder now have improved installation,
including a video test option.
- Improved adapter detection.
- Fixed problems with RM Recorder and Windows XP SP-2.
- RM Recorder now has password authentication.
- RM Recorder RAM and SMIL streams now record better.
- Added RM Recorder option to record Real Player Video and Audio.
- Updated WM VCR to interface with RM Recorder and WM Recorder.
- Fixed bug in WM VCR — hour long shows now terminate correctly.
- Minor update for some installation program enhancements.
- Fixed problem with appearance of some dialogs on PCs with Large
Fonts as a display setting.
- Fixed pastes of long URLs into the URL text window.
- Fixed rare crashes.
- Added recording for some non Windows Media Player files.
- Can now perform scheduled recordings with WM VCR.
- New Adapter Mode allows
for recording with no limitations or side effects.
- Play button now opens a date sorted list of files.
- New Recording Status Window.
- URL Mode recording is cleaner.
- Recording from password
protected streams is now supported.
- Recording several streams simultaneously is now easier.
- New Resume feature.
- Accelerated downloads — download up to 5x faster than before.
- The URL History is
easier to use.
- RTSP protocol is now supported.
- Added an interface for scheduling recordings using WM VCR.
- Can now record multiple URLs simultaneously.
- Added the ability to save all URLs in a session (as ASX files).
- Added ASX file parsing and display.
- Added an option to minimize WM Recorder to the System Tray
instead of the task bar.
- Now shows available disk space for all drives.
- Removed requirements to close IE windows on startup.