- RTSP protocol is now supported.
- Added an interface for scheduling recordings using WM VCR.
- Can now record multiple URLs simultaneously.
- Added the ability to save all URLs in a session (as ASX files).
- Added ASX file parsing and display.
- Added an option to minimize WM Recorder to the System Tray
instead of the task bar.
- Now shows available disk space for all drives.
- Removed requirements to close IE windows on startup.
- Fixed a bug whereby recording high quality WAV
files caused a crash.
- Fixed a problem recording some Stream Audio
- You can no longer exit Radio Wizard when an audio steam is being buffered. This corrects the problem of the computer freezing when a user closes RW while a stream is being buffered.
- The status now shows READY and the buttons are "off" when a stream stops and a WAV or MP3 file is being saved. This corrects the problem of the status showing Playing and the buttons were in the "play" positions, even when there was no stream playing.
- Added On the fly encoding for MP3 and WAV files
recorded using Sound Card driver. This makes file appear almost
immediately after recording.
- Added a warning for Radio
Wizard and Replay Radio running simultaneously. Replay Radio
won’t run if Radio
Wizard is running.
- Added support for Network Proxy servers for
downloading updated show and station lists.
- Now gives error or success message when updating
the list of shows and stations.
- Added a setting to set the time for automatic
retuning after periods of silence.
- Added a FIND option to Pick Show or Pick Station
- Start when windows starts option now
friendlier to multi user XP systems — only goes into effect for
- Eliminated the delay when starting a Quick Record.
- Extra temp files are now removed when recording
using sound card driver.
- Sound Card Driver now appears as the
default Recording Source on first use.
- Fixes an initialization bug in non-English computers
- Now adds the .mpg extension to MPEG file types which was omitted.
- Increased the recording speed for all non-asf files and for
asf files that are downloaded from FTP’s without streaming.
- Sound Card Driver recording source now installs
- Quick Record status messages now show name of
- Added more status messages for monitoring the
- Fudge factor on quick record reduced from extra
30 seconds to extra 10 seconds.
- Added one click recording in Browse mode for streams from any
source, including streams played within Internet Explorer.
- Slick new interface.
- Simplified Browse Mode and URL Mode.
- Simplified installation.
- Enhanced Windows Media 9 recording.
- Added Resume and Reconnect functions for dropped connections.
- Added recording of non-asf files (MP3, mpeg, avi, wav, etc).
- Changed some default settings.
- Uninstall now closes Replay Radio app. Some
customers complained that Replay Radio wasn’t uninstalling.
- Made installer easier to use.
- Added Settings option to encode MP3s in foreground
or background. Some users complained of excessively long encode
- Don’t Record option now properly grays unused
- A manually terminated recording no longer restarts
- The list of shows or stations is no longer erased
on an error reloading the latest list
- Daylight savings time changes no longer disrupt
- Added Custom encoding option.
- Ending a Quick Record no longer terminates a
- Ending Quick Record doesn’t close the media
- Added a recording hours/minutes/seconds counter.
- Improved status messages display.