- CD Burner no longer requires you to specify CD-R vs. CD-RW media.
- WinAmp 3 now closes properly after a scheduled recording.
- Recording from stations that use the standalone Windows Media Player no longer distorts the listening experience.
This major release has the ability to make separate
tracks from playlists and commercial free music stations, the ability
to split long shows into separate files, and customize how shows
are named. There are some bug fixes and general polishing as well.
Here’s the details:
- Added automatic track splitting after a period of silence. (Great
for recording commercial free music radio!)
- Added a custom setting for eliminating dead air.
- Replay Radio can now automatically splits tracks at an interval
set by the user. Useful for breaking up long shows.
- New CD Burner module has better compatibility and 3 new options
- Added the ability to customize how files are named.
- Replay Radio drivers are now active only when Replay Radio is
open. Previously, some games or other programs couldn’t run after
installing Replay Radio.
- Added a “1X” indicator to one-time shows in the show list.
- Added a hint for QuickTime/iTunes configuration on first time
- In the pick show and pick station screens, double clicking a
station or show automatically selects it.
- Added save last track option in Quick Record (for recording
complete tracks in commercial free radio).
- Creating CDs with multiple tracks saves each track separately,
like a real audio CD.
- Splash and registration screens no longer show extra gray space
with large fonts enabled.
- Added album tag to MP3 files, in case of renaming issues.
- Replay Player is now a part of the Replay Radio installer.
- Fixed bug: elapsed time counter would sometimes be inaccurate
on a very busy PC.
- Aborting recording early during the Tuning process now updates
the recording schedule properly.
- Aborting a recording now shows a proper status message when
editing the show.
- Rare case where two instances of Replay Radio appear when rebooting
no longer happens after changing settings.
- SurferNETWORK player should now close after recording session
- Now handles blank show names or illegal characters in show names
- The maximum recording time in demo mode is now 3 minutes.
- RTSP protocol is now supported.
- Added an interface for scheduling recordings using WM VCR.
- Can now record multiple URLs simultaneously.
- Added the ability to save all URLs in a session (as ASX files).
- Added ASX file parsing and display.
- Added an option to minimize WM Recorder to the System Tray
instead of the task bar.
- Now shows available disk space for all drives.
- Removed requirements to close IE windows on startup.
- Fixed a bug whereby recording high quality WAV
files caused a crash.
- Fixed a problem recording some Stream Audio
- You can no longer exit Radio Wizard when an audio steam is being buffered. This corrects the problem of the computer freezing when a user closes RW while a stream is being buffered.
- The status now shows READY and the buttons are "off" when a stream stops and a WAV or MP3 file is being saved. This corrects the problem of the status showing Playing and the buttons were in the "play" positions, even when there was no stream playing.
- Added On the fly encoding for MP3 and WAV files
recorded using Sound Card driver. This makes file appear almost
immediately after recording.
- Added a warning for Radio
Wizard and Replay Radio running simultaneously. Replay Radio
won’t run if Radio
Wizard is running.
- Added support for Network Proxy servers for
downloading updated show and station lists.
- Now gives error or success message when updating
the list of shows and stations.
- Added a setting to set the time for automatic
retuning after periods of silence.
- Added a FIND option to Pick Show or Pick Station
- Start when windows starts option now
friendlier to multi user XP systems — only goes into effect for
- Eliminated the delay when starting a Quick Record.
- Extra temp files are now removed when recording
using sound card driver.
- Sound Card Driver now appears as the
default Recording Source on first use.
- Fixes an initialization bug in non-English computers
- Now adds the .mpg extension to MPEG file types which was omitted.
- Increased the recording speed for all non-asf files and for
asf files that are downloaded from FTP’s without streaming.
- Sound Card Driver recording source now installs
- Quick Record status messages now show name of
- Added more status messages for monitoring the
- Fudge factor on quick record reduced from extra
30 seconds to extra 10 seconds.